Who are we?
Our website is run by Findmeyou Dating Ltd, in association with Findmeyou.com. Findmeyou Dating Limited, a company registered in England with company number 9637570, whose principal office address is at 109 Vernon House, Friar Lane, Nottingham, NG1 6DQ. We provide our dating service on an “as is” basis and cannot guarantee that the service will be uninterrupted or error-free, or will achieve particular results. We can be contacted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who can use the site?
Anyone over the age of 18 can register and use Findmeyou.com and all its services, you must not use Findmeyou.com or our services if you have been convicted of or are currently being charged with any offence (or are subject to any court order, police investigation, formal caution or similar) specifically relating to fraud, assault, violence, sexual misconduct or harassment.
Types of membership
We offer services based on free subscription and premium subscription. You may register on our website for free as a guest, however, some features are only available to members who have purchased a valid subscription package (Subscribers) unless our dating website is in free registry mode. The most important features that are only available to subscribers are the ability to contact other members using the site’s built-in messaging systems and our Book a video date feature that enables subscribers to date with other premium subscribers face to face via our video dating software.
Cancellation and refunds
If you cancel your subscription early, then you may be eligible for a full or partial refund. Please see our Refund policy (no.11) below for details on eligibility.
We offer all our customers a satisfaction guarantee, if for any reason you are not happy with our services then you will be offered a refund providing the refund rules apply. You can request a refund up to 14 days after your last payment is made, providing you haven’t used the premium features in this time period. You will only be eligible for the most recent month paid for.
When you sign up to one of our subscriptions, it will normally be set up by default to automatically renew on a regular basis. You can cancel this whenever you choose to (we do recommend doing so at least 48 hours in advance), provided you do so prior to a payment being made by the following instructions on our Subscription Page. Please note, your automatic renewal will run consecutively month after month unless you cancel your subscription via email: email@example.com. Your auto renewal agreement will be canceled by us if you haven’t logged in to the service for 12 months or longer, we will confirm cancellation via email. Any discount will be lost.
- Never give out your own email address, mobile phone number or other contact details unless you are satisfied that the person you’re giving that information to is who they say they are and can be trusted with such information. Never give any money or any item of value to anyone who contacts you through our website.
- It is advised that you never contact other members outside of Findmeyou.com until you’re comfortable with this person. Always use our email service and video date with our video software only. It is your responsibility to adhere to this advice.
Cancel your membership whenever you wish.
1) Abide by our rules at all times.
2) Add a current up to date photo when creating your profile as this will be used when verifying your profile. You will not pass our verification process unless we can recognise who you are and you may be asked to provide further proof of your identity.
3) Notify us if you become aware of any other member of our website who is acting inappropriately or not in accordance with these rules.
You must not:
Use the site in any way that might breach any applicable law, regulation or code of conduct.
Include any false, misleading, offensive or sexually explicit content.
Include or attempt to include any contact details (including your surname) in your username, profile headline, profile or in any introductory messages.
Include or attempt to indicate your subscription status or log in details in your profile.
Use, or attempt to use the site for any commercial purposes.
Use any payment method that you are not legally entitled to use.
Use any material that is subject to copyright restrictions.
Include or attempt to include any links to other websites.
Abuse other users through our chat or video dating features.
Share any sexual photo’s through our photo upload feature.
Share any sexual video’s through our video upload feature or our Book a video date feature.
User Content and information (profiles & messages)
1) Findmeyou is not the publisher of user content, therefore it is your sole responsibility to decide what information you include in your profile or any communication you may have with other members. Please remember that public visible information is just that!
2) Sensitive content which may include certain phrases/acts/descriptions that relate to adult material/adult themed websites/pornography/dominatrix/submission/acts of violence/terrorism will not be accepted.
3) We will never divulge any of your personal details to another member.
4) We may amend or remove all or part of your profile at our sole discretion.
5) Subject to any consents you may have given, we reserve the right to use all or any part of your profile to help promote (promotional purposes) the service as we see fit (this will only be used on our website, not in the form of messages).
6) At present we do not verify the accuracy of any information included in a members profile, therefore you should always exercise caution and carry out your own validation before meeting someone in person, or passing on your contact details to them. We always try to delete any offensive or inappropriate material as soon as we are aware of it. If you spot anything we have missed, please tell us.
All logos, graphics, images etc on the site are our or our partner’s intellectual property, and as such you may not use them for any purpose outside the intended scope of the site.
You may not include our site in whole or in part within any other site without our written consent.
1. Information about us
The Site is operated by Findmeyou Dating Limited (also referred to as “we”, “us”, “our” and similar expressions) in association with Findmeyou.com (“FMY”)
Findmeyou is an English company with its registered office and postal address at 109 Vernon House, Friar Lane, Nottingham, NG1 6DQ. Findmeyou Dating Limited is a registered company in England whose number is 1059423
2. Eligibility to use the site and the services
The Services are intended for adult members to communicate with each other online and you must be over 18 years of age to become a Member, Subscriber or User.
If you have been charged with or convicted of any offense (or are subject to any court order, police investigation, formal caution or similar) specifically relating to fraud, assault, violence, sexual misconduct or harassment you cannot use our Services.
You may not seek to use the website or the Services for any commercial purposes.
We reserve the right to refuse any application to become a Member or Subscriber of Fidnemyou Dating. You will not become a full Member or Subscriber until you have received an approval email, we carry out full checks and verification before accepting members on our system, and we may retract any such membership or subscription at any stage at our sole discretion.
3. Membership and subscriptions
You must add a current profile photo of yourself. You may not pass our verification process without a current profile photo. Your membership may be terminated if we can’t verify that you match your profile photo.
You may remove your profile or cancel your subscription at any time (see section 10 Termination below for further details).
If you do not cancel your subscription and have paid for the subscription using your card, we will automatically renew it when it is about to expire. Automatic renewal transactions may be processed up to 24 hours before your existing subscription expires, so if you do want to cancel your automatic renewal we recommend that you do so at least 48 hours prior to the expiry date by sending us an email. You can read more about the advantages of Automatic renewal. Please note, your automatic renewal agreement will be canceled by us without notice if you have not logged in to the service for 12 months or longer. Any applicable discount will then be lost.
If you cancel your subscription early, then you may be eligible for a full or partial refund. Please see our Refund policy (no.11) below for details on eligibility.
3a. Sending and receiving messages
Please remember that when using our email services and messaging other members, it’s important to take your safety seriously. Always complete your own checks, book a video date to confirm the profile is genuine, check that their profile is verified, and contact our admin team if you see anything suspicious or feel uneasy about the communication between other members. All messages are recorded and available for reference in relation to a complaint or another members actions.
Meeting in person
If you’re ready to meet someone from our dating website in person (offline) then take all the necessary precautions beforehand. Our website has lots of good advice for when you’re ready to meet someone in person, see our blog and dating advice.
If something doesn’t feel right or your instinct tells you that the member in question isn’t telling you everything about themselves, then contact our support team first.
When and why Findmeyou Dating will email you
Findmeyou Dating will only send you email messages relating to promotional offers, we will never send messages from other members or to promote other members. If you receive messages from members asking you to communicate outside of the dating platform then please report this to our admin team. All communication through Findmeyou Dating is monitored for your safety and the safety of others.
4. Safety and security
Our experienced vetting team checks all new user profiles for inappropriate content and tries to identify and remove possible scammers from the Site. However, we are not in a position to verify the identity of users or the accuracy of user content, nor can we guarantee that our vetting processes will spot all inappropriate user content. You should therefore not assume that any user content is accurate or that another user is who he or she claims to be. Although we have features based on honesty and transparency to tackle online scammers, fake accounts, false users and fake photos. Ultimately, It is up to you to take appropriate steps to investigate user content before you take any action based on it. If you suspect fraud or wrongdoing then please contact our complaints team and we will investigate for you. We will not be liable for false or misleading statements by other users.
When arranging to meet another person through the use of our the Services, you must take appropriate precautions and follow the safety guidelines in our Dating safety guide. Any such meetings are at your own risk.
You alone are responsible for ensuring that your interaction with other users is lawful and is in line with our terms and user terms.
You are responsible for the acts or omissions of any third parties who use your identification information or account, whether fraudulent or not. You agree to indemnify us against any claims of this kind.
We will not be liable if your identity is used by someone else.
You must notify us immediately of any apparent breach of security such as loss, theft, misuse or unauthorised disclosure or use of a username or password. In such case, you should immediately contact us to amend your password or follow the forgot password procedure on our home page.
Although we cannot control what may happen between users if they decide to meet in person, you should notify us via our Abuse page if you encounter any behaviour that might reasonably be expected to represent a threat to you and subsequently other users. Any such reports will be treated in confidence and investigated by a senior member of our customer support team. If it is deemed necessary we may (at our sole discretion) elect to warn the other user or to suspend or delete his or her profile and in some cases contact to Police.
If you experience a serious incident when meeting another user (such as a physical attack or assault) or suspect that another user is missing after meeting someone through the Services (or otherwise) you are advised to contact the police immediately and inform our customer support team via our Abuse page.
Except as described in paragraph 4.7 above, we will not become involved in any disputes between users, nor do we provide any arbitration or settlement services should a dispute arise.
5. Your obligations in agreeing to use the Site and the Services
You agree that you will not:
- in connection with the Services breach any applicable law, regulation or code of conduct;
- publish or send any User Content (including photos you make visible only to your favourites) or communications to us which are false or misleading (and you agree to update user content to ensure that it does not become false or misleading), sexually explicit, sexually suggestive, vulgar, indecent, obscene, racist, homophobic, xenophobic, abusive, unlawful, deceitful, invasive of another’s privacy, offensive, harmful, violent, threatening, harassing, defamatory, an infringement of third-party intellectual property or other rights or which encourage or assist any of the foregoing. Photographic content that will be publicly view-able is further subject to the terms and conditions noted on the photo upload page;
- publish content (including photos) that directly or indirectly alludes to child pornography or attempts to solicit communication with or on behalf of any person under the age of 18;
- include in your profile or any other information you post on our website or in any communications you make via the website to another user who has not previously contacted you, any information that enables you to be personally identified or contacted (other than through the Services), including (but not limited to) your last name, postal or email address or telephone number or another website address where such information about you can be found.
- solicit other users’ contact details or disclose your subscription or member status in your profile;
- disclose or make accessible to any third party any username(s), password(s), activation code(s) or similar information allocated to users or use them for any purpose other than authentication for the Services;
- provide email addresses to us of other persons or publish or send any user content referring to other persons without having obtained their prior consent;
- publish or send any user content which links to any third party websites which are illegal or contain inappropriate content;
- use the Services for any commercial, professional or non-private purposes (including advertising, canvassing, soliciting, trading, prostitution);
- use the Services for junk mail, spam and pyramid or similar or fraudulent schemes;
- do anything which may have the effect of disrupting the Services including the use of worms, viruses, software bombs or mass mailings;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to any part of the Services or to the equipment used to provide the Services;
- use the Services to harass any other Member or seek to contact any Member who requests that you cease contact (you will have the option to block contact from other Members by selecting the appropriate option on their profile);
- impersonate any other person or entity; or
- use the Services other than for the purposes set out in these Terms.
You agree to comply with any guidelines or requirements on our website as well as any reasonable request or instructions by us in connection with the Services.
You must ensure that all contact and payment information (e.g. postal and email addresses, credit card numbers) that you provide are accurate and kept up to date.
You must notify us in writing immediately if you become aware of any inappropriate behaviour in connection with the Services (including if you believe that material belonging to a third party has been posted on the Site by another user in breach of copyright). Click here to report inappropriate behaviour or suspicious profiles to the complaints support team.
6. User Content
Findmeyou only provides the channel for Members to publish and/or distribute their personal information and is not the publisher of User Content.
It is your responsibility to decide which information to publish or send as user content (which will be visible to other users or Internet users). Findmeyou will not be responsible for any misuse of such user content by any other user or third party.
Findmeyou reserves the right to exercise editorial control over the profile, picture, and video content, but accepts no liability for user content (including pictures and videos) or other activities of users which may breach the rights of other users or third parties.
Findmeyou does not verify the accuracy or truth of any information published by users, however, we do encourage honesty when using the site and give advice on how to have the best experience and chance of finding love. You should, therefore, be vigilant and conduct your own independent investigations to verify the accuracy of user content published or sent by other users and be careful when dealing with other users, as well as what we do. (see also section no.4 (Dating safety) above).
We do ask users to notify us of inappropriate user content. You acknowledge that such notification may take place and that we may take steps outlined in these Terms in respect of such information which comes to our attention if it relates to user content published or sent by you.
We reserve the right not to accept or to suspend, edit or remove from the Site and the Services all or part of any profile or any other user content for any reason and, if we do so, we will not enter into correspondence with you regarding the suitability of such user content.
We assume no responsibility for the deletion of or failure to store your user content, including profile details and photographs. Further, you must ensure that you save any messages you wish to keep.
We reserve the right to permanently delete messages and other user content after any period stated under the heading “How do I delete my account?” in the FAQs page of Findmeyou or if we exercise any right of termination under this Agreement.
Findmeyou cannot guarantee that offensive or inappropriate material will be removed or deleted from the Site in every case, but any failure to do so in a particular case will not affect our right to remove or delete similar material in subsequent cases, we will always do our best to remove all inappropriate material.
7. Proprietary Information and Content
The Site and the Services contain or use information and content (including marks, logos, graphics, images, photographs, animation, videos, text, and software) that are the intellectual property of our partners, other users and us. Your right of use is strictly limited to accessing, downloading, printing and reproducing such information or content for your own personal, private and non-commercial use of the Services within the scope of these Terms. You may not otherwise retrieve, display, modify, copy, print, sell, download, hire or reverse engineer (except insofar as permitted by applicable law) such content without our prior written consent.
You may not link to our Site or include it in part or in whole within another external website without our prior written consent.
- making your profile visible to other users of Findmeyou dating;
- making your profile visible to other users of Findmeyou dating;
- publishing your profile on the front home page of Findmeyou.com;
- making your profile visible to users in our featured section on our home page of Findmeyou.com;
- making your profile visible to other users within dating service specific emails;
- using such Content in connection with our business to business marketing activities.
You may not copy or otherwise use any user content of other users except insofar as strictly necessary for your own personal, private and non-commercial use of the Services within the scope of these Terms.
You may not publish or post any material on the Site or send via the Services any material that belongs to a third party unless you have permission to do so. You are also requested to notify us if you believe that material belonging to a third party has been posted or sent by another user. This includes (but is not limited to) photographs, images, videos, and text.
8. Performance of and changes to the Site and the Services
The Services are provided to you on an “as is” basis by Findmeyou. We do not guarantee that our Services will be uninterrupted or error-free or will achieve particular results when it comes to finding love and success with online dating. We will use our reasonable endeavours to rectify faults if they do occur and provide you advice and provide the tools so you can have the best chance of finding someone to date on Findmeyou.com.
We reserve the right to suspend the Services at any time without notice for repair, maintenance, improvement or other technical reason, but to minimise disruption we will normally try to do so only between 12 a.m. and 6 a.m.
We reserve the right to change the Services provided, the way our website looks, and the use of services at any time. Such changes do not have a material adverse effect on the quality of the Services.
9. Right to cancel
You may cancel your order for the Services by giving us written notice within 14 days of placing your order. You can do this by using a) the “cancellation request” option in the Cancellation form or b) by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember to include details of your username and the email address you submitted when you joined the site to help us authenticate your request.
If any refund is due under this Right to cancel, it will be governed by the rules of our Refund Policy detailed in (no.11) below.
You may at any time terminate your registration with us by deleting your profile yourself or by requesting the removal of your profile from the Site by either emailing email@example.com or by writing to us at the address given above. We will implement such a request as soon as reasonably practicable.
You may also cancel the automatic renewal arrangement by sending a request to our cancellation team or email: firstname.lastname@example.org (remember to quote in the subject box whether you want to cancel subscription or cancel auto-renewal)
We may suspend or terminate your registration at any time:
- Immediately without notice or refund if in our reasonable opinion you have committed a serious breach of this Agreement or any user content published or sent by you or your continued membership is or might be damaging to our business or to other users; or
- otherwise, on seven days notice to you by email in which case we will provide a full refund of the proportion of your subscription payment that relates to the period after termination.
We will notify you by email of any suspension or termination of your registration (or of confirmation thereof). Following such notification, you must not attempt to re-register as a Member or to use our Services unless we notify you that any suspension has been lifted. Termination will not affect the accrued rights of either party under this agreement.
11. Refund Policy
If you cancel your subscription within 14 days of your order, then we use the following rules to determine the validity and amount of any refund.
- If you have not used the service:
- We will refund your subscription in full.
- If you have used the service*:
- Subscriptions of 1 month or more – Full amount minus a daily usage charge equivalent to 1/3rd of the cost of the site’s 3-day subscription package, multiplied by the number of days before cancellation.
- Subscriptions of less than 1 month – No refund entitlement.
*The definition of service use is where you (or in the case of a gift subscription, the recipient of the gift) has sent a message to another member using the site’s internal email system, where such a message could only have been sent by a Subscriber.
12. Third party websites
We or third parties may provide links on our Site to third party websites. You use them at your own risk. We do not review such sites. We do not recommend or endorse such sites nor are we responsible for the content of those sites or any goods or services offered thereon. If in the course of performing a search on our site you encounter any third party website the use of which would violate any applicable law, you must immediately cease use of such website.
13. Limitation of liability
This section 12 (and any other clause excluding or restricting our liability) applies to our directors, officers, employees, subcontractors, and agents (who may enforce this clause under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999) as well as to us. Nothing in this Agreement in any way limits or excludes our liability for negligence causing death or personal injury or for fraudulent misrepresentation or for anything which may not legally be excluded or limited.
You must give us a reasonable opportunity to remedy any matter for which we are liable before you incur any costs remedying the matter yourself. If you do not, we shall have no liability to you for that matter.
We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage you suffer to the extent you cause or contribute to such loss or damage by your own acts or omissions, for example by not complying with these Terms.
Our liability of any kind (including our own negligence) with respect to the Services for any one event or series of related events is limited to double the total fees paid by you in the 12 months before the event(s) complained of.
In no event (including our own negligence) will we be liable for any indirect losses (such as loss of profits, contracts or business) even if we have been advised of or ought to be aware of the possibility of such losses.
We are not liable for failure to perform or delay in performing any obligation under this Agreement if the failure or delay is caused by any circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including acts or omissions of providers of telecommunications services or faults in or failures of their networks and equipment.
You agree to indemnify us (including our directors, officers, employees, subcontractors, agents and affiliated companies) against all third party claims and liabilities (including reasonable legal fees incurred by us) related to your breach of this Agreement and/or to your use of the Site and Services, including any claim or liability arising from the publication or other communication by you of any content or information that infringes the intellectual property rights of, or denigrate, libels or invades the privacy of, any third party.
15. Video dating policy
Our video date feature is only to be used when two consenting adults/profiles agree to book the video date and are both over (18 years old) Our Book a video date feature was created for the following reasons:
1) To help members build confidence that who they’re talking to is who they say they are;
2) To have the ability to date in the comforts of their own home, making dating easier, cheaper and more accessible;
3) To join the gap of traditional dating and online dating;
4) To provide an opportunity to see other members in real time before meeting in person.
Although our video date feature provides a secure way for members to use face to face video dating online there will always be people who take advantage of our services, abuse them or try to scam other members out of money. We take no responsibility for what our members do when using our video date feature, however, we will always deal with complaints and abuse quickly and efficiently and report any abusive/criminal behaviour to the Police as soon as we are made aware.
All members using our video date feature must adhere to the rules set out on our website. They must respect other members and only use the video date feature for the reasons set out on our video date rules page. If any member abuses any of our services or other members they may be removed from Findmeyou.com permanently and reported to the Police.
Headings in this Agreement are for information only and do not affect the meaning of the Terms or the Agreement.
These Terms are personal to you and you may not transfer or assign your rights or duties under this Agreement to anyone else without our prior written consent. We may assign all or part of our rights or duties under this Agreement at any time.
Any failure by us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement does not constitute a waiver of it.
If any part of this Agreement is deemed void or ineffective for any reason, the remainder shall continue in full force.
A person who is not a party to this Agreement shall have no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 unless expressly stated otherwise in this Agreement.
17. Dispute Resolution
We will try to resolve any disagreements with you quickly and efficiently, but if you (or we) feel it is necessary to take court proceedings, this Agreement is governed by English law and any disputes must be decided only by the English courts.
“FAQs” means the Frequently asked questions section on the Site;
“Registered Member” means a registered user of the Services with access only to the free elements of the Site;
“GDPR Data Notice” means the policy notification that explains how we collect your personal data, why we collect personal data, how we use your personal data, how we process your personal data, and how long we keep your personal data
“Dating safety guide” means the Dating safety guide on the Site;
“Site” means the website at Findmeyou.com or such other website as we may use to provide the Services from time to time;
“Services” means the services made available by Findmeyou to users of the Site (primarily being an online mechanism for users to find and communicate with other users);
“Premium Subscriber” means a registered user of the Services who have paid for full access to the free and paid for elements of the Site and the Services;
“Terms” means these terms and conditions of use;
“User” means any person who uses the Services, whether such Services are paid for or not;
“User Content” means any and all information published by Users on the Site, or sent by users to other users using the channels provided by Findmeyou as part of the Services (including profiles, messages, and photographs).
All the information and advice on findmeyou.com is subject to personal tastes or experiences.
There is other dating advice available from many other sources, the advice on Findmeyou.com is given to protect and help our customers when searching for love. Although we can’t be responsible for our users dishonesty, we do advise against it. Findmeyou.com is an honest based dating service, we hope to provide our users with an honest online dating adventure and experience. This does not mean our advice will guarantee our customers dating success, but will give them the tools and best opportunity for finding love.