GDPR Data Notice
(clear and concise explanation of how we use your personal data)
Part 1 – All visitors to Findmeyou Dating are promised that:
- – Findmeyou Dating will always respect your right to privacy. However, we understand that the internet is not a secure medium and therefore we have implemented security measures too, where possible, protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information placed under our control. We have anti-spam/hacker software that prevents an attack or theft of personal information and is only protected to the level of the software security installed.
- – All data gathered as a result of your website visit, website registration or email subscription will be treated as confidential.
- – All email marketing/contact between Findmeyou Dating and yourself via email will only take place if we have first received your opt-in confirmation and if you have agreed that we can contact you in this way.
Sign up and registration – data collected/usage
- – We will collect your ‘First Name’ and Surname’ – (your first name and surname will only be used internally for verification purposes and contact via email purposes
- – We will collect your ‘Email Address’, this will be used for all contact purposes relating to your dating membership, your dating profile, your dating contacts/interest from other members, future offers, better dating features, and future promotions relating to Findmeyou Dating.
- – We will collect your ‘Gender’, this is will be used within your dating profile (automatically) and our built-in matching system in order to provide you with the best service and realistic love matches within our dating website. Your gender will show on your dating profile.
- – We will collect your date of birth’, this will be used for two reasons: 1) to confirm that you are over the age of 18 and 2) so that we can market certain offers/promotions and provide available love matches for members within your age range via email (after you consent).
- – We will ask you to confirm that you agree with our terms&conditions, agree to our revised data policy and that you’re over the age of 18 on the registration form before starting a membership at Findmeyou Dating
During/after registration – data collected/usage
- – We collect your IP Address to use during our verification process and keep your IP Address on file for safety reasons. We also test members IP Addresses against known spammers/scammers/marketing companies to prevent fake accounts being created. Your IP Address will be deleted when you delete your membership/account.
Member profile data
- – When filling in your profile, you will be asked questions based on your location, personality, and personal preferences which will make up your public profile. All members on Findmeyou Dating will be able to view your profile preferences (you can make these private), and in some cases, visitors to our website who are not yet members may also be able to view your profile preferences.
- – We will collect your country, state, postcode, and the city of residence (this is only used for matching features such as ‘close by’ which provides you with potential love matches within your area) – postcode searches – verification purposes
- – We will collect your personal answers to profile questions provided by Findmeyou Dating (these will be public unless made private).
- – We will ask you to add a profile image (this is compulsory), this will be public and also used for our verification process. The image will remain on your account until you delete your profile/membership.
Verification process – data collected/usage
- – We will collect your email address to check your email account used at registration.
- – We will collect your mobile phone number using a company called https://www.intellisoftware.co.uk/ – we have to use intellisoftware to send you a 4 digit code to prove that you own the mobile phone being used for verification. We have an account/login with intellisoftware and will DELETE your mobile phone number once verification has been successful.
- – The final part of our verification process requests members to record a 20-second video through our website so we can match the video you provide against your profile photo. The video is recorded through Findmeyou Dating exclusively and is not shared live/public or to third parties. Once your online verification is successful and you have been awarded our verify tick on your rpofile the video we collected will be deleted.
Email forms – subscriptions
- – We will collect your name, email address, (in some cases your phone number) for contact purposes only. If you contact Findmeyou Dating for any reason we will respond using the information provided. However, we will NOT contact you for any other reason than what you are using the form for. For example, promotions/offers/marketing will always be sent to members after they have chosen to opt-in using our subscription email forms.
- – We will ask our members to tick and agree when filling in any subscription/email form to receive offers/promotions/marketing information. Anyone who has subscribed to Findmeyou emails before this data notice will be sent reminder opt-in/opt-out email so they’re clear on what data Findmeyou Dating collects/uses/stores.
- – You can opt-out from receiving promotional/offer/marketing emails by contacting our team at [email protected]
- – We do not transfer your personal information outside the European Economic Area.
- – Whenever we process your personal data we will ensure that we always keep your personal data rights in high regard and take account of these rights. You have the right to object to this processing if you wish and if you wish to do so please contact us at [email protected] Please bear in mind that if you object this may affect our ability to carry out procedures needed to benefit your user experience and dating process.
How long will you keep my data
Your rights – your data
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- – The right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- – Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- – Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances, you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- – Right to the restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- – Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- – Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
To get in touch, email: [email protected]
Or write to:
Findmeyou Dating Ltd
109 Vernon House
You may be asked for ID to confirm your identity.
If we ever change our policies on transferring or processing your data outside of the European Economic Area we will put a contract in place to ensure your information is protected or where applicable covered by the US ‘Safe Harbor Program’.
We may also use your personal data and information to help us to analyse the use of the Site and the Services and to improve the Services and their content or to troubleshoot problems. Your personal data will only be processed by authorised members of staff (or by such third parties (hosting/server companies) in the event of a breach of safety/security protocol. In the highly unlikely event, we may need to use third parties to store data and information whilst we fix any issues with our system.